- Cutting & Sorting Method
Before you can organize your coupons you need to cut them out. We use the Stack & Cut Method to cut multiple copies out at a time. Simply stack the same page of coupons from multiple copies one on top of the other, and cut them all out at the same time. Our philosophy is “Cut the Best & Throw the Rest”, meaning, cut out only the coupons your family would use if the product was free, cheap or a family favorite. You may have to move away from brand loyalty, and be willing to try something new. If a brand of toothpaste you don’t normally use would be free with a coupon, would you use it?
- Coupon Binder Portfolio
We recommend using the Coupon Binder Portfolio Method to organize coupons. There are three main benefits to this using this method-
- Because it is made up of clear baseball card/trading pages and 3-pocket photo holders, you readily see all coupons/rain checks and remember what you have.
- Because it is made up of clear baseball card/trading pages you clearly can see all coupon expiration dates.
- Using a zippered 3-ring binder makes your coupon storage system accident resistant and convenient to carry.
- Coupon Binder Portfolio Recipe
Use a 2-1/2” – 3” zippered binder with strap
- Your Favorite Stores - pocketed dividers for rain checks, shopping lists and store coupons, followed by one or two baseball card holders so you can organize the coupons for the store each week.
Category Section: 10 Categories (tab dividers labeled on both sides and baseball card holders).
- Baby – 2 baseball pages (Diapers/Shampoos, Baby Food)
- Bread & Cereal – 5 baseball card pages (Cereal, Breakfast Foods, Breads, Rice/Pasta, Chips & Crackers)
- Cleaners – 8 baseball pages (Floor Cleaners, Dish Cleaners, 2 Fabrics, Standard Cleaners, Bathroom Cleaners, 2 Air Fresheners)
- Diary – 4 baseball card pages (Cheese, Butter/Oil, Yogurt, Misc Dairy)
- Dessert – 8 baseball pages (Cookies, Frozen Desserts, Cake/Brownie Mixes, Fruits/Jell-O/Pudding, 2 Drinks, Candy, Baking Goods)
- Meat – 6 baseball pages (Fresh/Frozen Poultry, Lunchmeat, Breakfast Meats, Misc. Meats, Seasonings, Sauces)
- Medicine – 8 baseball pages (2 Cold/Allergy, Pain Relievers, First Aid, 2 Stomach Aids, Vitamins, 1-2 Misc. Medicines)
- Paper Goods – 4 baseball pages (Facial Tissues/Garbage Bags, Foils/Wraps/Containers, Plates/Paper Towels, Toilet Tissue)
- Personal Hygiene – 14 baseball pages (Facial Cleansers, Body Wash, Lotion, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Misc. Tooth Products, Deodorant, Shaving Needs, Makeup, 2 Shampoo/Stylers, Hair Color, Personal Items, Misc. Hygiene)
- Misc. – 9-10 baseball pages (Sauces/Salsa/Ketchup, 2 Canned Goods, 2 Frozen Goods, Salads/Dressings, Misc. Foods, Pets, 1-2 Misc. Household Items)
- Customize your Coupon Binder Portfolio to fit your needs.
- 90% of coupons will already fit the baseball pages when cut close to the dotted lines. If they don’t, slightly fold them with expiration date and product photo still showing.